BOOKS ENGAGE CHILDREN!
Books promote literacy among all children. FFHE creates libraries, donates books, and implements literacy programs to develop the critical early foundation and skills children of the Albergue need to be successful in life. It our quest to have these children read and speak English through the “A Book in Every Home” activity. Each child is given a book to take home with them and keep. We also collect books and are creating libraries in each Albergue that we work with.
WHAT TO DONATE
- Age appropriate subject matter and images ONLY
- Early learning books with simple vocabulary and words
- Spanish and English books
- No tears, rips, or marks on the cover or the pages
- Blackout any identifying information: name, address, telephone number, email